What to pack for Finland

This was a challenge for me at first because how much can you possibly fit into a luggage for 9 months? What do you pack thick pullovers, t-shirts?


  • pullovers but not too thick - my problem was I could not wear my thick pullovers as it was too warm in the bus and in school especially if you have a good winter jacket 
  • good shoes - me and my friend wore sneakers for the most part but shoes with a good profile and waterproof are important as the streets are not salted like in Germany (we slipt a lot)
  • a good winter jacket - especially when you are planning to go to Lapland and one that is water-resistant 
  • cozy socks 
  • gloves and a beanie 
  • umbrella 
  • Thermounderwear
  • T-Shirt (of course it depends on the time you are in Finland) but I would still recommend packing t-shirts as I wore them underneath my thin pullovers and if It gets too warm u can take it off 
  • good camera - the nature is stunning out here and phone cameras have a hard time catching the e.g. northern lights
  • if you like to drink a lot of alcohol I would recommend you to fill as much as you are allowed into your luggage 
  • Sauna gear (bikini, towel, slippers) as almost every building has a sauna in Finland 
  • Visa card or mobile pay - not a must but I would recommend it as it is easier instead of searching for ATMs and you can pay everywhere virtually in Finland 
  • Make-up remover and make-up backups as it compared to Germany way more expensive 
  • Waterbottle (which can be bought here as well) as you can drink the tapwater here
  • If you go jogging outside you might need a headlamp as the winter month are getting dark really fast 
This are just the basics I would recommend to take with you other than that everything can be bought here as well. Bed sheets and stuff can be bought for really cheap in Ikea or Prisma. The grocery stores here have everything from makeup-to clothes to food especially Prisma and K-Supermarket are huge. In Turku we have a few known clothing stores (Zara, H&M, New Yorker) but I can recommend bikbok as well they have really nice stuff too. Big make-up stores like Douglas is Stockmann they have brands like urban decay or Mac. I couldn't find any drugstore but the Supermarkets have a big Drugstore selection which provides literally everything too.
Other than that I would definitely recommend you to try Hesburger, Tacobell, el nam and all the coffee shops. 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Kart in Club TURKU